A twist on my classic Banana Bread Recipe, this Double Chocolate Banana bread is for the chocolate lover in your family! Naturally sweetened with maple syrup, this decadent loaf is a healthier alternative to a sinful slice of chocolate cake, yet just as delicious!
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup light tasting olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
* Optional 1/2 banana sliced lengthwise to decorate the top + 1 tsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with Parchment Paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup and olive oil until well combined. Whisk in eggs, one-at-a-time, until well combined. Stir in mashed banana and vanilla.
3. Sprinkle in baking soda, cocoa, flour, and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
4. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
5. *Optional add 1/2 banana sliced lengthwise on top of the loaf and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.